Back to Home Page
Terms and Conditions
1. ContractThe Company will submit a written quotation referencing these Terms and Conditions, which the Hirer shall accept in writing forming a contract. In the absence of any written quotation or written acceptance, the verbal acceptance of goods received for hire or purchase will constitute a contract and acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
2. Conditions of HireThe Company’s quotation for hire charges is made on the assumption that the site on which the equipment is to be erected or to which the goods are to be delivered is:
3. LiabilityWhether the site complies with the foregoing requirements listed in Clause 2 above or not, the Company shall not be under any liability whatsoever to make good any damage to the site nor shall the Company be under any liability whatsoever in respect of damage to drains, pipes, cables or other services buried under the site or otherwise concealed, or any consequential loss resulting from such damage, unless an accurate plan showing the precise position of such drains, pipes, cables or other services shall have been supplied to the Company.
4. Positioning of Services for HireThe Hirer shall provide the Company with a plan showing the position in which the marquees or equipment shall be erected or alternatively shall have a representative on the site for that purpose. If the Hirer does not provide a plan or have a representative on the site, the Company may erect the marquees and equipment where it considers fit and it shall be deemed to have performed the contract. Any wasted journeys due to absent representatives will be charged for. Deliveries left at unattended premises are left at the Hirer’s risk.
5. Electrical SupplyThe Hirer is responsible for ensuring that the venue has suitable and sufficiently dimensioned electrical supplies, electrical outlets, protection equipment and connector types for the lighting and other electrical equipment hired from the Company.
6. Variation of Hire ChargesThe Company reserves the right to vary the quoted hire charges in the event of any increase taking place before or during the period of hire in the cost of labour, materials or transport.
7. PaymentThe Company reserves the right to charge a non-refundable £120 deposit at the time of the booking. The balance of the hire fee is payable three weeks in advance of delivery.
8. Loss or DamageThe Hirer is wholly responsible for all equipment on hire from the time of delivery until the time of collection. The Hirer is responsible for the safe custody of the Company’s property on the site and will make good to the Company all loss or damage to the Company’s property or equipment hired or used on the site (other than fair wear or tear) including breakages, damage and loss due to theft or burglary unless it can be proved that such loss or damage be caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of the Company. No guarantee can be given that equipment will be removed the following day. We cannot accept any items in place of those supplied. Goods at all times remain the property of the Company.
9. Liability to Third PartiesThe Company will not be responsible for, and the Hirer will indemnify the Company against, all claims for injury to persons or loss of or damage to property howsoever caused unless it is proved that such injury or damage be caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of the Company.
10. AttendanceThe hire charges do not include attendance by the Company’s staff except during the actual process of erection and dismantling.
11. PermitsThe Hirer is responsible for giving notice to or obtaining all necessary permits from any authorities who are or may be concerned and must make application whether to the planning authority, district surveyor, police, fire brigade and any similar authority or organisation. Any cost incurred in delays or modifications or in work arising from the absence of or misrepresentation of all such necessary permissions and permits shall be payable to the Company by the Hirer and shall be deemed to be part of the hire charge for the purpose of Clause 7 above.
12. Force MajeureWhile every effort will be made by the Company to carry out any order accepted, the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by the Company consequent upon act of god, war, strikes, riots, lock-outs or other labour disturbances, fire, flood, restrictions on the use of transport, fuel or power, requisitioning, shortage of material or transport or labour or any other cause beyond the control of the Company.
13. Cancellation or Premature Termination of ContractIn the event of the Hirer cancelling the contract after a firm order has been placed, charges will be levied as follows:
14. Return of EquipmentAll equipment should be returned in a clean dry condition. An additional 50% of the hire value will be charged for all dirty items, subject to a minimum charge of £5. Items delivered to the Hirer in boxes, bags or similar containers must be made ready for collection by the Company in the same containers. A charge will be made for the replacement of any items or containers lost or damaged.
15. ComplaintsComplaints as to shortage or damage on receipt of goods should be made before use. Complaints of this nature received on return of goods cannot be entertained.
All rights reserved © Copyright Mollett's Marquees 2014